Thursday, September 07, 2006

Telephone telepathy

Hubby forwarded me a link to an interesting article, "Telephone telepathy - I was just thinking about you," from Reuters, Wed Sep 6, 11:36 AM ET. (Click the title "Telephone telepathy" above to go to the page.)

According to the opening sentence, "Many people have experienced the phenomenon of receiving a telephone call from someone shortly after thinking about them -- now a scientist says he has proof of what he calls telephone telepathy."

Of course, the study isn't conclusive -- the sample size was too small -- but it's interesting nonetheless. Many of us have experienced telephone telepathy, only to be told, "Well, yes, but how about the many times where you think of someone and they DON'T call?", but this study says that maybe the times when they DON'T call might be less than one would think.

I would say this study might qualify as one of those DUH! studies (as in, "Duh! Tell me something I don't know!), but when I compare it to a study I heard about yesterday, I change my mind. That study said that celebrities were narcissistic... (http://209.157.64.201/focus/f-news/1696506/posts)

Duh.

No comments: