Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Book Review: Funerals to Die For

Funerals to Die For: The Craziest, Creepiest, and Most Bizarre Funeral Traditions and Practices EverFunerals to Die For: The Craziest, Creepiest, and Most Bizarre Funeral Traditions and Practices Ever by Kathy Benjamin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I stumbled upon this book while doing research for a non-fiction article I was writing. Figuring that it might describe some obscure funeral customs that I could further research for my article, I gave it a shot.

It didn't have anything related to my article, but it certainly was enjoyable. The anecdote of British TV presenter Victoria Coren's run-in with people who attend funerals of people they don't know just for free food and drink (Google it), the story of record-setting hearse processions (deliberately, to try to set a new record), a description of what happens to some of your internet life after you die, and examples of humorous epitaphs (including show biz ones) were some of my favorites.

View all my reviews

No comments: