Friday, September 05, 2014

Book Review: The Cat Who Saw Red (The Cat Who series)

The Cat Who Saw Red (Cat Who... #4)The Cat Who Saw Red by Lilian Jackson Braun
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

People who know me would assume that I picked this book up because of the cats. Actually it was recommended as a good example of a cozy and just happened to contain cats.

The "Cat Who" mystery series actually starts with The Cat Who Could Read Backwards (1966) -- this book is number 4 -- so I didn't have much background on how the cats developed or communicated their talents, but having met many a Siamese cat (and their human servants), I had absolutely no problem accepting the premise.

Written clearly, with deft humor, and increasing tension, it was a pleasure to read.

View all my reviews

No comments: