Thursday, March 21, 2013

Review: The Stephen King Library Desk Calendar 2013

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars



The Stephen King Library Desk Calendar 2013

Published by Bookspan, 2012
Art Director: Tricia A. McGoey
Designed by Joseph Zwielich
128 pages, spiral bound

You'd think that with all the electronic calendars, To Do lists, and other personal management software that there is no need for a physical desk calendar. That's exactly what I thought when I opened the gorgeous Stephen King 2013 Desk Calendar.

But then I got busy, and no matter how many lists and reminders I had electronically, at the end of the day, I knew what I had to do above all else and needed somewhere to write that down, somewhere where I wouldn't be distracted by lower-priority items. And that, dear friends, is where a physical desk calendar comes in handy.

But even if your schedule isn't as crazy as mine, you might appreciate the calendar just for the beauty of it. In rich dark greens and orange, the prismatic cover catches and compels you. The thick spiral binding says, “Use me. I won’t break” – and I don’t think it will.

Or, if not for the beauty, how about the interesting tidbits? For example, January 2 is the date that Stephen and Tabitha were married. Oddly enough, it's the wedding anniversary of two couples from his books: Annie Wilkes and Ralph Dugan (from Misery) and Lois Chase and Ralph Roberts (from Insomnia).

Articles and excerpts decorate each folio, making for interesting reading throughout the week.
Definitely an item of beauty and purpose for any Stephen King fan.

Available from the Stephen King Library.

No comments: