Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Little Joys of Computing

Y'know what I hate about computers? The one-way conversations.

Today my computer flashed a message that said "Windows is looking for FolderA" (FolderA is not its real name, but you get the idea, right?)

I wanted to ask "Why are you looking for FolderA? Did I tell you to look for FolderA?" And it could have told me something like, "Well, you started application X and ..."

If it did, then maybe I could say "I didn't start application X" and it would tell me "No, you didn't. Application X starts automatically."

Then it could just say "Tell it to UNstart automatically. I'm busy and I don't need to use application X."

And then it could tell me...

On second thought, maybe I'm glad I can't have a two-way conversation with my computer. I wouldn't get anything else done!

No comments: