Saturday, December 29, 2012

Just Cookin'

Anyone who's known me for more than a couple of years and has invited me to any social event has probably heard me say that I don't cook. Hubby took over the culinary duties about a decade ago, and that's fine with me.

So you'd be very surprised to hear that I just spent over two hours on my feet cooking. Yes, cooking. Me. Morven. The one who stresses at every potluck because "just make what you're comfortable making" is not the answer I like to hear to "What can I bring?"

Earlier this year, though, I started a low-carb way of eating. You notice that I didn't say "diet," right? That's because it doesn't feel like a diet to me. I get to eat high-fat delicacies that I haven't been able to indulge in most of my adult life -- or indulged in along with a hefty serving of guilt -- because I was trying to eat healthy. That is, eat low fat.

Oh, darn. I didn't want to get into a philosophical discussion of my chosen way of eating. Let me just say that I feel more energetic eating this way, and that's really important to me because I just haven't had the energy to write as much as I want to these days.

So now I've recovered some of my energy, which should mean that I have more energy to write, right? Not after standing two frackin' hours on my feet cooking!

Oh, well. Maybe I'll get faster as I go along. I did make a lot this time, and I hear that almond bread and crustless quiche freeze well...

And now I have something I can cook when someone says "just make what you're comfortable making."

No comments: