Thursday, August 16, 2012

Book Review: Lilith's Love by Dan Shaurette

Lilith's LoveLilith's Love by Dan Shaurette
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Author Dan Shaurette wrote the manuscript for this novel while earning a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science at Arizona State University, which was enough to pique my interest -- I wrote my first vampire novel while working third shift as a computer operator.

That's not where the similarities end, though. Lilith's Love features old-school vampires: Lilith sleeps on an earth mattress with soil from her grave), my lead vampire keeps soil from his grave. My protagonist meets up with a coven of witches. Dan's protagonist's best friend is, you guessed it, a Wiccan.

With those disclosures, you know I started his novel with a bias toward liking it. I was not disappointed.

The love story between Lilith and Donovan is real and ethereal. The danger from her master and a blast from Donovan's friend Christian's past is palpable.

Recommended, especially for those fans of old-school vampires.

I listened to the podiobook version from http://www.podiobooks.com/title/lilit....

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Leon Nikman said...

This book was so so. Not the best but I have read worst.