Friday, September 26, 2008

Is nothing uncontroversial these days?

It seems like a good deal: Go to this web site (The Breast Cancer Site) and click the button that says "Click to Give Free Mammograms". The site is a good site, the cause is worthy, and October is Breast Cancer Month.

So what's the controversy? Some people feel that the radiation from the mammogram itself causes problems. That could be true, but right now it's the best tool we have for finding breast cancer in its early stage.

Weigh the dangers and decide for yourself. Personally, I'm gonna click. Often. My sibling's girlfriend just finished treatment. I have other friends who have fought the battle. And my mother died from breast cancer when I was still in grade school.

I get yearly mammograms because I'm at risk. I'd like to see other women have that choice.

Morven

No comments: