Monday, February 07, 2005

This Ain't the Fever Talkin'

After my "Writing Hurts" post, you were probably thinking to yourself, "What a freakin' wimp." Well, wait. There's more.

Maybe those two weeks of pain that culminated in a monster headache on Jan 31 and a sore throat on Feb 1 were leading up to something. I've got what the guy at the end of the phone at the doctor's office called, "That virus that's going around." Give it another week, he says. Okay. Sure. Why not? The last week's been a bit of a blur, and that ain't the fever talkin'.

What pisses me off the most is spending 4 days in bed, 3 days when I was off the day job and could have been writing. I probably should have tried anyway. Sure, I was so fever-spaced I could barely think, but maybe the words would have been interesting. Maybe I would have produced a new character, one whose speech or thought patterns would have been radically different from anything I wrote so far... But then what would I have done when the fever broke and I couldn't write like that anymore?

Well, at least I'm getting time to catch up on my reading.



What I'm Reading Now...
  • Page After Page by Heather Sellers
  • How to Write Killer Fiction by Carolyn Wheat
  • A Voice in the Forest by Jimahl di Fiosa
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to Grammar and Style by Laurie E. Rozakis




Copyright © 2005 Morven Westfield

No comments: